    SubjectLinux 2.4.9-ac11

    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/linux-2.4/

    Intermediate diffs are available from
    http://www.bzimage.org

    ** ::EXPERIMENTAL::
    ** This is just a resync as various people work to get most
    ** of -ac into Linus 2.4.10. Please don't resend patches - I have a
    ** lot nicely queued. This is just a snapshot to keep pakrat happy and
    ** so folks can see where it is at and double check. It might even
    ** boot - who knows
    **

    2.4.9-ac11
    o Fix sign check error in death signal (Martin Macok,
    Kamil Toman)
    o Merge up to Linus 2.4.10pre9

    2.4.9-ac10
    o Multiple swapoff fixes (Hugh Dickins);
    o Clean up the mips parts of the mem.c ifdefs (Ralf Baechle)
    o Update NCR53c700 driver, make it generic (James Bottomley,
    Richard Hirst, Rasmus Andersen, Keith Owens)
    o Recognize Radeon VE in radeonfb (Nick Kurshev)
    o MCE address reporting fix (Dave Jones)
    o APIC check fixes (Randy Dunlap)
    o Wrong SIGBUS data in siginfo fix (Daniel Kobras)
    o acpi Makefile fix (Keith Owens)
    o NTFS update (Anton Altaparmakov)
    o Parse mainboard resources inline to pnp not (Gerd Knorr)
    as pci_device objects
    o Propogate register_netdev errors out from (Dave Miller)
    init_netdev
    o Take sound lock static (David Hansen)
    o ns83820 updates/fixes (Ben LaHaise)
    o Small arch_init_modules fix for ia64 (Maciej Rozycki)
    o pci bridge setup fixes, 64bit sign propogation (Todd Inglett)
    etc
    o Add another batch of MODULE_LICENSE tags (me)

    2.4.9-ac9
    o ICP vortex documentation update (Boji Kannanthanam)
    o Fix farsync ioctl checks (Bob Dunlop)
    o Kiovec optimisations (Rohit Seth)
    o Fix irda-usb match flags (Adam J Richter)
    o USB serial MODULE_LICENSE tags (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Tidy up Changes notes to recommend gcc2.95+ ("Colonel")
    o Kill dup in usb unusual_devs table (Harald Schreiber)
    o Ethtool ioctl handling fix (Dave Miller)
    o Add S/PDIF, 4 and 6 channel audio to ICH driver (Bob Paauwe)
    o Fix compare types in ncpfs (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Add limit to bluetooth ioctl (me)
    o Fix missing channel range check in dpt_i2o (me)
    o Fix lvm checks (me)
    o Add missing wireless ioctl length check (me)
    o Fix checks in sbpcd (me)
    o Fix checks in generic ppp (me)
    o Fix check in zr36067 (me)
    o Fix checks in moxa (me)
    o Fix checks in zr36120 (me)
    o Fix Matrox DRM to mention G450 (Pavel Roskin)
    o DGRS multi-nic mode fix (Rick Richardson)
    o Reformat aztcd (no other changes) (me)
    o Clean up the mcd driver (me)
    o Remove gendisk export. Gendisk is now private (Christoph Hellwig)
    to the sane API and has proper locking
    o Highmem overflow fix (Ben LaHaise)
    o Megaraid oops fix (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Update kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO (Ken Moffat)
    o Fix sis900 kerneldoc (Ken Moffat)
    o Fix via audio kernel doc (Ken Moffat)

    2.4.9-ac8
    o Merge from 2.4.10-pre4 except
    USB uhci controller update
    MM/buffer cache changes
    o Intermezzo update (Peter Braam)
    o Clean up gendisk common code (Christoph Hellwig)

    2.4.9-ac7
    o Add another 1885 ident (Leon)
    o Mention G450 in the 200/400 DRI (Pavel Roskin)
    o Fix non PCI aic7xxx oops (me)
    o Correct centaur chip detection (Keith Owens)
    o Correct Dell cable detection (me)
    o Fix usb storage warning (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix symbol clash between core and pwc (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Comment out the visws (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Small alpha build fix (Ricky Beam)
    o NFS client update (Trond Myklebust)
    o SE401 update (Jeroen Vreeken)
    o Check proc/modules before querying it in (André Dahlqvist)
    ver_linux
    o Add hppa to unaligned list for reiserfs (Jurriaan)
    o i2c Config.in fix (Christoph Hellwig)
    o LVM 32/64bit sort out (Patrick Caulfield)
    o Softirq update/fixups (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Add arch_init_modules hook (Maciej Rozycki)
    o Update slab cache to do LIFO handling and clean (Andrea Arcangeli)
    up code somewhat
    o Ethtool and alias fix (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Self adjusting syscall table filler (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Configure.help typo fix (David Weinehall)

    2.4.9-ac6
    o Update compiler requirements doc (me)
    o Fix module count leak (I hope) in cs46xx (me)
    o Fix sx.c warnings (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix seagate.c prototypes (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Remove non-modular stuff from mod builds (Christoph Hellwig)
    and fix warnings
    o Fix missing return value on xirc2ps (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix atmtcp MODULE_LICENSE (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Remove various unused code (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Switch drivers/fc4 to use module_init (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Config file fixes (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix AX.25 digipeat crash (Thomas Osterried)
    o DECNET update (Steven Whitehouse)
    o Fix UNUSUAL_DEV entry for eUSB SmartMedia (Andries Brouwer)
    o Remove spare maxinefb setup (Paul Mundt)
    o Add USB MODULE_LICENSE tags (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Update the irq fix for the i810 audio based (me)
    on further analysis by Doug Ledford
    o make rpm target bug-fixes (Eli Carter)
    o Fix missing export-objs in acpi (Keith Owens)
    o VIA ide update (support 82c576, other small (Vojtech Pavlik)
    fixes)
    o Fix tulip bug when using MWI experimental bits (Jeff Garzik)
    o Add MODULE_LICENSE tags to telephony (Robert Love)
    o Add MODULE_LICENSE tags to drivers/video (Robert Love)
    o Fix z2ram tag (Robert Love)
    o Ask for 255 bytes of header on scsi pages (Matt Dharm)
    | Lots of USB crap can't even get truncating right
    o Fix ver_linux for e2fsprogs 1.23 (Albert Cranford)
    o Add MODULE_LICENSE tags to zorro (Robert Love)
    o Make __module_license static (Keith Owens)
    o Merge some of the PPC64 submission (Peter Bergner, Anton Blanchard, Mike Corrigan, Dave Engebretsen,
    Tom Gall, Todd Inglett, Paul Mackerras,
    Pat McCarthy, Steve Munroe, Don Reed,
    and Al Trautman)
    | I dropped some config bits to keep stuff simpler
    | and a few files that definitely didnt follow CodingStyle
    o Merge updated gdth scsi raid driver (Achim Leubner)
    o Remove escaped debug code from ni5010 (Frank Davies)

    2.4.9-ac5
    o Make pae i386 compile again (Russell King)
    o Add MODULE_LICENSE tagging (me)
    o Clean up aztcd (phase 1) (me)
    o Fix aztcd subchannel error reporting bug (me)
    o Reformat cdu31a pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat cm206 pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat gscd pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat isp16 pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat sjcd pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat tpqic02 pending cleanups (me)
    o Add tags in drivers upto and including drivers/char/*
    | lots more to add yet...
    o pl2303 oops fix (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Sony clie updates for clie OS 4.0 (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix elf loader for prelink binaries (Jakub Jelinek)
    o Make xconfig fix (Robert Love)
    o Add reparent_to_init, fix pnp and 8139 zombies (Andrew Morton)
    o Update Configure.help (Steven Cole)

    2.4.9-ac4
    o ns83820 driver fixes and updates (Ben LaHaise)
    o Configure.help updates (Steven Cole)
    o Add generic pgtable_cache_init() (Russell King)
    | and remove pae ifdefs from init/main.c
    o Fix X.75 with new hisax drivers and an isdn (Kai Germaschewski)
    disconnect race
    o Remove now defunct directory offset cast (me)
    o Make several vm behaviours tunable for now (Rik van Riel)
    | This is so we can study behaviour patterns not for
    | the long term
    o Merge an additional ide-floppy fix (Sam Varshavchik)
    | Fixed the ide floppy I/O error funny on some drives
    o Pull dac/adc rate setting into ac97_codec.c (me)
    o Update mips64 makefiles (Ralf Baechle)
    o Complete the missing bits of the proc (Ralf Baechle)
    infrastructure using constant HZ to userspace
    | This has been partial for a long time, with the mips tree
    | it actually needs to be completed...
    o Avoid oops in rivafb when using 15bit depth (Steve DuChene)
    on riva128
    o Indent seagate scsi into linux format (me)
    | Changes pending so do this in two steps..
    o pl2303 updates (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Orinoco update (David Gibson)
    o IRQ stack value fix (John Byrne)
    o Enable DMA on 20268R (Zygo Blaxell)
    o Add missing -EFAULT return to se401 (Pavel Machek)
    o Voodoo 1/2 frame buffer console (Ghozlane Toumi)
    o Update cache size reporting errata (Dave Jones)
    o Fix nasty oops and deadlock in i810_audio (me)

    2.4.9-ac3
    o Fix config glitch in drivers/video/Config.in (Steven Cole)
    o Kaweth endian fixes (Brad Hards)
    o Update the MPT fusion drivers (Steve Ralston)
    o Possible floppy probe fix (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Add the KT266 agp to the table (Kris Kersey)
    o Start convering ia32 and x86_64 mtrr code (Dave Jones)
    o Account ramdisk in out of memory code (Russell King)
    o Possible fix for cardbus allocation failures (Andreas Bombe)
    o Clean up other cases of const initdata (Dave Jones)
    o Update the keyboard rate code to be more (Dave Miller)
    flexible (needed for sparc)
    o Configure.help fixes (Steven Cole)
    o Pegasus USB driver fixes (Petko Manolov)
    o Fix i810 audio pops on speed changes (Scott Herod)
    o GPIO driver for the ITE board (Hai-Pao Fan)
    o Philips Nino port update (Steven Hill, Pavel Machek)

    2.4.9-ac2
    o Last small bits of the PPC merge (Paul Mackerras)
    o Fix compile bugs in airport driver (David Gibson)
    o ITE8172 ide updates (Steve L)
    o Add i2c drivers for the ITE board (Hai-Pao Fan)
    o AC97 register naming fix (Ralf Baechle)
    o TI 3912 serial driver (Harald Koerfgen, Jim Pick,
    Steven Hill)
    o ITE general updates (P Popov)
    o Remove double init of SGI streamable device (Ralf Baechle)
    o Update SGI indy drivers (Ralf Baechle)
    o Qtronix keyboard driver updates (P Popov)
    o Add tx3192 frame buffer support (Steven Hill)
    o MIPS frame buffer updates (Ralf Baechle)
    o Move vino.h into driver directory (Ralf Baechle)
    o Ocelot updates (Jun Sun, G Lonnon, S Kranz, Steve J)
    o DDB5 updates (Jun Sun)
    o MIPS jazz update (Ralf Baechle)
    o SGI wd33c93 update (Ralf Baechle)
    o Baget updates (Ralf Baechle)
    o SNI updates (Ralf Baechle)
    o Alchemy Au1000 support (P Popov)
    o MIPS eval board updates (Ralf Baechle, Carsten Langgaard)
    o Update Decstation serial support (Maciej W. Rozycki)
    o NEC Vrc5477 audio driver (Steve L)
    o General MIPS32 updates (Jun Sun, Ralf Baechle, Matt Porter,
    Kevin Kissell, Carsten Langgaard,
    Jan-Benedict Glaw)
    o MIPS scsi updates (Ralf Baechle)
    o Notifier signal oops fix (Benjamin Herrenschmidt)

    2.4.9-ac1
    o Merge the fat and iso changes from 2.4.9
    o Merge the sunrpc changes from 2.4.9
    o Merge (hopefully correctly) the nfs changes
    o Switch to the 2.4.9 emu10k1 driver
    o Merge vfs directory type changes
    o Merge other oddments
    - This leaves min/max and the vm/buffer changes
    both of which are pretty dubious anyway
    o lock_kiovec page unwind fix (Velizar B)
    o do_swap_page recheck pte before failing (Linus, Jeremy Linton)
    o do_swap_page doesn't mkwrite when deleting (Linus)
    | From 2.4.9 with extra comments etc (Hugh Dickins)

    2.4.8-ac12
    o Merge the majority of 2.4.9 except
    - min/max mess
    - fat/isofs changes
    - drm changes (some collisions with other
    fixes)
    - vm/buffer handling changes
    - emu10k1
    - vfs directory type changes
    - nfs/nfsd/sunrpc
    I'm trying to make sure I can keep this testable
    as 2.4.9 vanilla isnt being stable on my test sets
    This is basically a merge of all the "boring" bits.

    o Update usb network fixes (Herbert Xu)
    o HID id matching fix (Pete Zaitcev)
    o ARM i/o fixes (Russell King)
    o ARM alignment trap fixes (Russell King)
    o ARM softirq fix (Russell King)
    o Miscellaneous arm updates (Russell King)
    o Configure.help updates (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz,
    Steven Cole)
    o Prefetchw macro fix (Andreas Franck)
    o Kill another bogus wbinvd macro in ACPI (Dave Jones)
    o Switch PnPBIOS to spinlocks and irq off (me)
    o Large PPC merge (Paul Mackerras)
    o Remove surplus macintosh rtc printks (Paul Mackerras)
    o Add modem power features to the mac serial (Paul Mackerras)
    o Powerbook trackpad lockup fix (Paul Mackerras)
    o Adb updates (Paul Mackerras)
    o Fix serial port base offsets (Paul Mackerras)
    o PPC sysctl code to use PPC32 not __powerpc__ (Paul Mackerras)
    | The latter is both 32 and 64 bit...
    o PowerMac pmu updates (Paul Mackerras)
    o S/390 3270 driver update (Richard Hitt)
    o MIPS docs update (Ralf Baechle)
    o Update mips maintainers entry (Ralf Baechle)
    o Update mips configure.help (Ralf Baechle)
    o Add some mips pci ids (Ralf Baechle)
    o DECstation turbochannel update (Maciej W. Rozycki,
    Ralf Baechle)
    o MIPS64 update (Ralf Baechle)

    2.4.8-ac11
    o Remove bogus wbinvd macro in ACPI (Dave Jones)
    o Fix highmem high page races (Ben LaHaise)
    o SCSI generic driver updates (Doug Gilbert)
    o Remove unneeded fusion init call (Adam J Richter)
    o Fix init/const clashes in pci (Dave Jones)
    o Merge newer qlogic fc firmware set (Ricky Beam)
    o Add NEC DV5800A to the blacklist for DMA (Matt Domsch)
    o Add passive ISDN over USB support (Frode Isaksen,
    Kai Germaschewski)
    o Fix aha1542 flags type (Andi Kleen)
    o Macsonic kmalloc type fixes (Dave Jones)
    o lock clear_page_tables versus kswapd (Ben LaHaise)
    o Honour PnPBIOS region reservations (Gerd Knorr)
    o Made them __init and fixed problems when the (me)
    resource declaration spanned 0x100
    o Fix a rio serial type warning (me)
    o Add another byteswapped Vaio BIOS (Roger Luethi)
    o USB serial tidy ups (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix dev->actconfig changing in probe in USB (Michael Stickel)
    causing later errors

    2.4.8-ac10
    o Fix the USB device timeout problem (Pete Zaitcev)
    o rio usb locking fixes (Oliver Neukum)
    o Fix vm86 v segment reload part 1 (Andi Kleen)
    | Still not all sorted yet
    o Airo driver update (Javier Achirica)
    o Fix bugs in usb skeleton driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Add support for USB clie serial devices (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o USB config fix for serial debug (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Add support for massworks id75 usb (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Rationalise lvm version numbers (A J Lewis)
    o LVM locking changes (Joe Thornber)
    o Pull pv flush out of lvm ioctls (Heinz Mauelshagen)
    o Switch to lv_v5_t structures/types in LVM (Heinz Mauelshagen)
    o Defer LVM I/O when moving an extent (Joe Thornber,
    Andreas Dilger)
    o Fix bmap/blkszget issues in LVM (Andreas Dilger)
    o Tidy naming/devfs registrations for LVM (Patrick Caulfield)
    o Protect LVM snapshot flag removal, don't
    extend or reduce dropped snapshots,
    o Handle ELF loader setup arg pages failures (Evgeny Polyakov)
    o Add udelays to cmpci to see if it fixes (me)
    the problems a few people have
    o Put config hooks in to make qlogicfc firmware (me)
    optionally loadable for weird hardware
    | Needs a suitable firmware file adding ..
    o Update pci.ids for a couple of parisc things (Helge Deller)
    o Irda warning fixes (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Squash smp race in dsbr100 driver (Oliver Neukum)
    o Console locking fix on VT_DISALLOCATE race (Jani Jaakkola,
    Andrew Morton)
    o ipv4 raw socket oops fix (Octavian Cerna)
    o Actually use our msr register defines (Dave Jones)
    o Correct polish translation info typos (Steven Cole)
    o mm compile warning fix (Rik van Riel)
    o Updated 3ware driver (Adam Radford)
    o Add Sharp PC-RJ/AX to bad apm list (Arjan van de Ven)

    2.4.8-ac9
    o Possible usb -110 error fix (me)
    o Page laundering fix (Rik van Riel)
    o Add another vaio to the byteswap list (Martin Mueller)
    o Fix typos in ide blacklist (Arjan van de Ven)
    o UMSDOS split directory entry handling (Istvan Varadi)
    o Update Configure.help further (Steve Cole)
    o Fix bogus mtrr warning on dual pentiums (Dave Jones)
    o Update scsi tape driver (Kai Mäkisara)
    o Change memory probe constants on AWE32/64 (Dave Fennell)
    o Tiny endian reiserfs fix (just cosmetic) (Jeff Mahoney)
    o Make the md resync delay message informative (Corin Hartland-Swann)
    rather than scary
    o USB printer fixes (Oliver Neukum)
    o Add the SIS735 to the SiS AGP (Adrian)
    o Kill bogus export_objs entry in lib/Makefile (Keith Owens)
    o VIA rhine fixes (David Woodhouse)
    o Next set of superblock changes (Al Viro)
    o Don't reissue a pid that has a tgid matching (Dave McCracken)
    it still in circulation

    2.4.8-ac8
    o Fix double mount hang on scsi cdrom, i2o or lvm (Al Viro)
    o Fix oops in msdos/umsdos (OGAWA Hirofumi)
    o Fix qnxfs hang (Serguei Tzukanov)
    o Add missing Alpha ksyms (Marc Zyngier)
    o USB oops fixes (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Apply same fix to kaweth (me)
    o Fix off by one in pcigart (Andreas Schwab)
    o Fix dasd leak (Al Viro)
    o page reactivate correction (Rik van Riel)
    o Add the 104K to the byteswapped minutes bug (Daniel Caujolle-Bert)
    list
    o Missing USB config items (Mike Castle)
    o Fix i2o systab send id order (Klaus Beyer)
    o VMA merging fixups (Ben LaHaise)
    o Update ntfs (Anton Altaparmakov)
    o Speed up ext2 readdir/stat (Ted Tso)
    o Comment/docbook fixups (Dave Jones)
    o Add missing netif_wake_queue calls to USB (Herbert Xu)
    network drivers
    o Fix cramfs to use kmap (Herbert Xu)
    o Fix NFS client atomic_dec_and_lock symbol (Trond Myklebust)
    o Make wake_up_interrutible_sync usable in (Jeremy Elson)
    modules
    o Update PPC for kbd_rate support (Paul Mackerras)
    o Next block of Configure.help tidying (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Next block of superblock cleanup (Al Viro)
    o Update hp scanner driver for USB (Oliver Neukum)
    o Clean up ibm partition code (Al Viro)

    2.4.8-ac7
    o Further small DRI/AGP updates (Jeff Hartmann)
    o Update master makefile to force offset.h/ (Andi Kleen)
    version.h/depend order (needed for x86-64)
    o Merge x86-64 architecture port code (Andi Kleen and co)
    o Merge ixj update (Craig Southern)
    o Further ixj cleanup/merge tweaks (me)
    | Ie don't blame him ;)
    o Grand config file cleanup (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz,
    Steven Cole)
    o Add another byteswap vaio (Ray Lee)
    o Correct partition check oops fix (Kevin Flemming)
    o via82cxx IDE DMA updates (Vojtech Pavlik)
    | Enable 8231/8233 support, handle slightly
    | out of spec PCI from 1.3GHz/12.5x Athlon
    o Rip min/max use entirely out of isdn (Kai Germaschewski)
    | To handle 2.4.9 compat disaster
    o Update K6 bug url (André Dahlqvist)
    o Possible fix for trix ad1848 fail (me)
    o Add pci quirk warning for AMD766 errata 22 (me)
    | Based on multiple "yes noapic fixed my
    | dual athlon" reports.

    2.4.8-ac6
    o Pull Linus buffer.c/mem fixes into 2.4.8-ac (Rik van Riel)
    o Make writeout smoother on zone specific (Marcelo Tosatti)
    shortages
    o Fix an md oops (Neil Brown)
    o AD1848 isapnp handling (Miguel Freitas)
    o sr_ioctl capacity reporting fix (Jens Axboe)
    o Starfire update (Ion Badulescu)
    o cmpci update (Carlos Gorges)
    o UDF update, fix delete BUG() trap (Ben Fennema)
    o Move nmi defines so asm/irq.h isnt required (Russell King)
    o Add experimental requirement to intermezzo (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Fix missing include (Tom Rini)
    o Small eepro100 test updates (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Reiserfs transaction tracking update (Chris Mason)
    | Speeds up O_SYNC and fsync
    o Update vfs_permission, handle root exec (Christoph Hellwig)
    weirdness
    o First piece of the CyberPro 5050 audio merge (Peter Wächtler)
    o Tidy i810_audio cornercases of OSS compliance (Laurent Pinchart)
    o IDE cdrom blacklist updates for DMA (Matt Domsch)
    o Merge some i810 updates (Doug Ledford)
    o Fix bug in i810 device removal (me)
    | fortunately nobody yet has multiple ICH audio in one box 8)
    o Natsemi gige driver (Ben LaHaise)
    o Allow more I/O addresses on msnd_pinnacle (Steve Sycamore)
    o Correct sys_tz definition (Andi Kleen)
    o Remove unused prototypes from md (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix flags wrong types in usb (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix assorted wrong flags, add x86_64 defines (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix flags types in i2o (Jes Sorensen)
    o Add another vaio byteswap case (Stelian Pop)
    o Add devfs support to usb scanner (Yves Duret)
    o Fix an ess solo warning (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix flags types in 3ware driver (Jes Sorensen)
    o Fix generic serial warnings (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix flag types in firewire drivers (Jes Sorensen)
    o Fix flag types in dz serial (Jes Sorensen)
    o Extend short name handling in fat based fs's (OGAWA Hirofumi)
    o Fix flag types in n_r3964 (Jes Sorensen)
    o x86_64 ifdef hooks for raid and fbcon (Andi Kleen)

    2.4.8-ac5
    o Next batch of IDE driver updates (Andre Hedrick)
    | qd6580 driver becomes a qd65xx driver
    | 80pin cable detect for serverworks on Dell
    | Mode5 on SIS chipsets
    o Handle ARM mmap were FIRST_USER_PGD_NR is not (Russell King)
    zero
    o Make the sl82c105.c code common between ARM (Paul Mackerras)
    and PPC
    o Update cisco hdlc handling in the isdn layer (Bjoern Zeeb)
    o Add called party number to isdn tty emulation (Jan Oberlaender,
    Kai Germaschewski)
    o Eicon warning fix (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Tiny agp cleanup in severworks code (Mike Harris)
    o Switch to 2.4.8 nr_free_buffer_pages (Rik van Riel)
    o Change bootmem bitmap setup (Rik van Riel)
    o Unlazy the queue movement when we touch
    inactive cache pages (VM balance assumed this) (Rik van Riel)
    o Update the orinoco drivers (David Gibson)
    o Update natsemi driver (experimentally anyway) (Tim Hockin)
    o Update hpt366 blacklists (Kevin Fleming)
    o Reclaim buffer cache into inactive list when (Rik van Riel)
    it is too large
    o Documentation tidy ups (Steven Cole)
    o Switch map_user_kiobuf to use down_read (Ben LaHaise)

    2.4.8-ac4
    o ADFS date/time computation fix (Russell King)
    o Add ALS120 ident to ns558 joystick (Filip Van Raemdonck)
    o Make Reiserfs endian and alignment safe (Jeff Mahoney)
    | Fixes IA64 indirect alignment, S390 alignment
    | Big endian
    | Update inode generator
    o Enable input drivers on ARM (Russell K
    o Add intermezzo file system kernel side (Peter Braam and co)
    o First blocks of ppc64 merge (Paul Mackerras, Anton Blanchard,
    Tom Gall and the IBM PPC 64 team)
    o Fix return value bug in mac nvram driver
    o Make oom killer kill all threads of a set (Eric Lammerts)

    2.4.8-ac3
    o Update ISDN cvs idents (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Update isdn experimental idents (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Add Compaq Phoenix 4.06 to irqsafe APM (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Remove rockridge printk generating too much (Mikael Pettersson)
    debug output
    o Add a needed include of delay.h (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Revert access DAC change (me)
    | Breaks in some cases
    o ARM documentation, credits, maintainer updates (Russell King)
    o Atyfb build fixups (Stelian Pop)
    o Configure.help merges (Steven Cole)
    o Initial merge of dpt_i2o.c (Deanna Bonds, Bob Pasteur,
    Karen White, Mark Salyzyn)
    o Teach i2o_core to skip dpt cards (me)
    o Sony Pi driver update (Stelian Pop)

    2.4.8-ac2
    o Fix suspend/resume bugs in eepro100 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix missing spec required delays in PCI PM (me)
    o Disable PM on eepro100, it breaks even with (me)
    those fixed
    o Resynchronize Configure.help (Steven Cole)
    o Further superblock handling updates (Al Viro)
    o Fix various GPL misreferences (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Updated A20 gate switching code to handle (Peter Anvin)
    odd (Olivetti etc) and no legacy boxes
    o Fix expand_stack race (Manfred Spraul)
    o Fix a malloc failure path in ipc (Manfred Spraul)
    o Revert 2.4.8 scsi_lib change (hangs ide-scsi (Arjan van de Ven)
    on some drives)
    o Fix binfmt elf strlen->strnlen_user (me)
    o Add additional checking to binfmt_elf (me)
    | Last two based on Solar Designers 2.2 work
    o Make pnp_bios dock thread exit when it finds (me)
    docking isnt supported
    o Ext3 file system updates (Andrew Morton,
    Stephen Tweedie)
    o Merge common components of uhci drivers (Brad Hards)
    o Remove crud from media Makefile (Keith Owens)
    o Fix build on Alpha (David Gilbert)
    o DRM warning/oops fix (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix i810 audio return funny (Laurent Pinchart)
    o Fix ldm partition checking (Richard Russon)
    o Agpgart typo fix (Mike Harris)
    o Revert emu10k changes in 2.4.8, wait until the (me)
    maintainers actually have debugged code and
    want an update
    o Fix a compile fail case for the 53c700 driver (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o ARM core and video updates (Russell King)

    2.4.8-ac1
    o Merge Linus 2.4.8
    - Skip VM changes for now
    o Fix sblive build problems (Rui Sousa)
    o Add Fernando Fuganti to credits (Fernando Fuganti)
    O Revert printk return change (Andrew Morton)
    o Add drm-4.0 to mod_subdirs (Brian Dushaw)
    o Bluez bluetooth updates (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    o Fix serverworks AGP memory leak (Hugh Dickins)
    o Update DRM 4.1 for Alpha AGPGart support (Jay Estabrook,
    Jeff Hartmann)
    o Fix depca crash on unload (Peter Denison)

    2.4.7-ac11
    o Fix dumb bug in the bootflag handling code (Randy Dunlap)
    o Compaq FC update (makefile clean too) (Charles White)
    o Add Matt Domsch to the credits (Matt Domsch)
    o Update Randy Dunlap's contact info (Randy Dunlap)
    o SA1100 updates (Russell King)
    o Add PnP support to sf16i (Ladislav Michl)
    o Acorn drivers update (Russell King)
    o Fix clashing 'cams' symbol (Keith Owens)
    o Fix AGP memory leak on serverworks (Jeff Hartmann)
    o Fix an off by one in shmem.c (Hugh Dickins)
    o Revert incorrect ATM change (Mike Westall)
    o DRM makefile fixes (Keith Owens)
    o Next batch of superblock work (Al Viro)
    o Fix in2k oopses (Francois Romieu)
    o Add reboot by SMP reset (Matt Domsch)
    o Add pm support for laptops that resume the (Matt Domsch)
    mouse port even if was disabled before..
    o Add DMI quirks for all modern dell systems (Matt Domsch)
    o Inspiron 4000 needs irqs on for APM (Arjan van de Ven)
    o YMFPCI fixes, big endian fixes (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Add winbond W83971D ac_97 codec to tables (Andrey Panin)
    o pcnet32 oops fix and leak fix (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Use static inline in sound drivers (me)
    o Fix DRM build/makefile bugs from merge (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Avoid lp module being pinned down if console (Tim Waugh)
    enabled

    2.4.7-ac10
    o Fix up USB merge mess (Pete Zaitcev)
    | Fixes a possible USB deadlock
    o IRDA update (Dag Brattli)
    o Merge DRM for XFree 4.1.x (XFree86 and others)
    o Update freevxfs idents (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix a bug in access() checks on X_OK with (Christoph Hellwig)
    DAC ovveride
    o Add another intel bios ident with bad $PIR (Arjan van de Ven)

    2.4.7-ac9
    o Print warnings about buggy 440GX $PIR tables (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Update ARM softirq code (Russell King)
    o Compaq FC controller update (Charles White)
    o Update ARM integrator platform (Russell King)
    o Miscellaneous ARM fixes (Russell King)
    o ARM io function updates (Russell King)
    o Remove duplicate Configure.help items (Steven Cole)
    o Update ARM shark platform (Russell King)
    o ARM anakin platform (Russell King)
    o Allow swap < 2*ram (Rik van Riel)
    o Set page format bit for scsi-2 tape (Kai Makisara)
    o Fix compile with shmfs disabled (Christoph Rohland)
    o RME Hamerfall audio driver (Guenter Geiger)
    o Further UML fixes (Jeff Dike)
    o Syncppp fix (Bob Dunlop)
    o Farsync update (Bob Dunlop)
    o UML network driver update (Jeff Dike)
    o Revert aic7xxx makefile changes (Keith Owens)
    o DaveJ has received enough Rise cpu reports (Dave Jones)
    o Clean up building without procfs (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Riscom compile fix (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)

    2.4.7-ac8
    o Kill accidental bit of S/390 merge I meant (Bill Nottingham)
    to skip (hotplug should be working again now)
    o Fix host_info_lock namespace on ieee1394 (Keith Owens)
    o Fix duplicate rio serial init (Keith Owens)
    o Fix dead init_zoran_cards symbol (Keith Owens)
    o Don't define EXPORT_SYMTAB in cmpci (Keith Owens)
    o Don't define EXPORT_SYMTABL in sisfb (Keith Owens)
    o Fix warnings in ess_solo1 (me)
    o Fix deadlock in moxa mxser driver (Christophe Barbé)
    o First of many needed devfs race fixes (Al Viro)
    o Windows 2000 vfat name mapping fix (Wolfram Pienkoss)
    o Clean up ubd, CONFIG_IOMEM->CONFIG_MAPPER (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix a UML crash, make uml devices pluggable (Jeff Dike)
    o Use page cache in hostfs, fix UML stat64 bits (Jeff Dike)
    o Complete UML ppc support merge (Chris Emerson)
    o Complete UML Configure.help (Bill Stearns)
    o Add rep nop so the poor old Pentium IV doesnt
    go thermal slowdown every long mdelay (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix various invalid Config script items (Christoph Hellwig)
    o SYS5fs BSD style symlink support (SCO etc) (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix PnPBIOS reporting on io v mem (Andrey Panin)
    o Fix atyfb compilation problems with vaio bits (Keith Owens)
    o Make HP support in AMI Megaraid run time (Michael Johnson)
    o Fix an ext3 buffer credit accounting bug (Andrew Morton)
    o Add hardware volume control support to ALi (Matt Wu)
    o Clean up the above a little for non ALi, fix (me)
    rmmod crash
    o Adaptec scsi update (6.2.1) (Justin Gibbs)
    | + gcc 3.0 fixes
    o Handle broken PIV SMP tables (Maciej Rozycki)
    o Switch to static inline on ARM subtree (Russell King)
    o SHMfs updates, race fix (Christoph Rohland)

    2.4.7-ac7
    o Import safer bits of 2.4.8pre
    - skipped vm hackery, buffer hacks
    - skipped S/390 (my tree should be newer anyway)
    o Fix duplicates in ldm.h (Matthew Gardiner)
    o ARM updates (Russell King)
    o Remove qlogicfc_asm (license clash question + we(Jes Sorensen, me)
    | are shipping qlogic release candidate not final
    | firmware. Set card to use firmware in flash
    o Example iomem driver + fixes for UML (Greg Lonnon)
    o Clean up unique UML machine id code (Henrik Nordstrom)
    o Small UML bug fixes (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix UML uaccess macro bug (Jeff Dike)
    o Don't refuse unneccessarily on remount with (Petr Vandrovec)
    data= option with ext3
    o tdfx driver cleanups (Paul Mundt)
    o Replace masq crash fixes with corrected and (Rusty Russell)
    "official" versions.
    o Fix umsdos symlink bug (Delbert Matlock)

    2.4.7-ac6
    o Switch JFFS to use completions (me)
    o Fix wrong unlock in try_to_sync_unused_inodes (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Update UML to compile again (Jeff Dike)
    o Clean up all drivers with clashing names for (me)
    complete, wait_for_completion
    o Some gcc 3.0 warning cleanups
    o Add SCO AFS awareness (read only) to sysv (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Netfilter crash fixes (Mark Boucher)
    o Second batch of superblock race/cleanup work (Al Viro)

    2.4.7-ac5
    o Resolve ext3 and superblock change incompat (me, Al Viro)
    | Fixes hang on journal recovery
    o Fix freevxfs leak (Andries Brouwer)
    o Add another eepro100 ident (Matt Wilson)
    o Further tweakes to make rpm based on
    suggestions by Keith Owens (Keith Owens, me)
    o Fix ISA dma range check bug in cs89x0 (Paul)
    o Fix ISA dma range check on 3c505 (Paul)
    o Switch md driver to use completions (Neil Brown)
    o Add more sanity checks to the dmi scanner (me)
    o Fix hash sign assumptions in reiserfs (Jeff Mahoney)
    | IMPORTANT: this makes things consistent, it also means
    | that if you have chars > 127 in file names _and_ you are
    | running unsigned char little endian default (probably a tiny tiny
    | number of mips users only) you will need to archive and recreate
    | those files. X86 users are _NOT_ affected.
    o Add the infrastructure for ac97_ops ready for (me)
    digital audio etc

    2.4.7-ac4
    o Fix inode cache shrinkage problems in 2.4.7 (Al Viro)
    | This should cure the problem where it gets
    | really slow over time. Its not the final fix
    o Make aironet compile again (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix an incredibly stupid i2o_scsi bug causing (me)
    crashes with the adaptec 2100 and other stuff
    o Fix memory corruption if using gcc 3 and serial (Thomas Hood)
    probing fails
    o Fix out of memory handling with raid (Neil Brown)
    o Fix a raid mishandling bug on errors (Neil Brown)
    o Add promise 20268 software raid card idents (me)
    o Fix leaktek winview601 problems (Leandro Lucarella)
    o Merge ntfs 1.1.16 (Anton Altaparmakov)
    o Avoid panic when reiserfs attempts to mount (Nikita Danilov)
    invalid superblock
    o Error rather than panic on journal replay I/O (Chris Mason)
    error in reiserfs
    o Update atp870u driver (Wittman Lee)
    o First batch of superblock handling cleanup (Al Viro)
    o Restore module oops dumping (Kai Germaschewski)
    o NFSD update (Neil Brown)
    o Fix ieee1394 sleep with spinlock held (Andi Kleen)
    o Add AMD 760-MP to the Agp table (me)
    o Rip out zillions of duplicated -ESPIPE (Christoph Hellwig)
    llseek methods for a common one
    o Fix qlogic direction flag handling in 2.4 (Jeff Andre)
    o Clear inode->i-blocks on deletion in reisefs (Nikita Danilov)
    o Merge rest of S/390 tty driver fixes (Ulrich Weigand)
    o Finish adapting S/390 to new softirq code (Ulrich Weigand)
    o Remove accidental duplicate block in Makefile (Ulrich Weigand)
    o Update DASD drivers (Ulrich Weigand)
    o Further pnpbios fixes (Andrey Panin)
    o Switch pnp to use slab not malloc.h (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Switch parport_cs to slab not malloc.h (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o Further config cleanups (Steven Cole)
    o Fix make spec with no .version (Keith Owens)
    o Further ipchains fixes (Rusty Russell)
    o Add procfs info option for reiserfs stats (Nikita Danilov)
    o Remove dead code from the reiserfs tree (Jeff Mahoney)
    o Quota updates (Jan Kara)
    o FreeVxFS leak fixes, allow block sizes != 1024 (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Improve serial_cs reporting (Jonathan Corbet)
    o Add v7 fs sanity checks to the sys5 fs code (Linus Torvalds,
    Christoph Hellwig, Al Viro, Andries Brouwer)

    2.4.7-ac3
    o Add "make rpm" target (me)
    | Remember to install not upgrade kernel rpms
    | as you will want to keep old ones around too
    o Fix FPU emulation breakage (Brian Gerst)
    o Fix minix subpartition handling (Andries Brouwer)
    o Add another odd vaio bios to the apm list (Robert Dunlop)
    o Further Configure.help updates (Steven Cole)
    o Update usb configure and help texts (Brad Hards)
    o Fix kmem read loop bug (Hugh Dickins)
    o Two warning fixes (Art Haas)
    o Fix missing icmp errors for udp (Alexey Kuznetsov)
    o Fix 3c59x module load problem (Hugh Dickins)
    o Update pwc driver (Nemosoft Unv)
    o Remove old non kernel code from reiserfs tree (Nikita Danilov)
    o Remove unneeded reiserfsck code from tree (Nikita Danilov)
    o Replace checks in CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK with (Nikita Danilov)
    cleaner macros
    o Add const's correct formatting/typechecking (Nikita Danilov)
    o Clean up do_reiserfs_warning macro (Jeff Mahoney)
    o Add Randolph Chung to CREDITS (Matthew Wilcox)
    o Merge some pa risc tree Configure.help (Matthew Wilcox)
    o Update the pa risc tree docs (Matthew Wilcox)
    o Add pa-risc keyboard drivers (Debacker Xavier, Marteau Thomas,
    Djoudi Malek, Philipp Rumpf,
    Alex deVries)
    o Update lasi ethernet drivers for pa-risc
    o Correct acenic check for parisc to hppa
    o HPPA port requires pci-setup
    o Add headers for som binary loader (Matthew Wilcox)

    2.4.7-ac2
    o Update motion eye driver, fix stack and hang (Hugh Dickins)
    problems
    o Fix sigsuspend bug on Alpha (Richard Henderson)
    o CRIS port updates (Bjorn Wesen)
    o Add support for Win2K dynamic disk partitions (Richard Russon,
    Anton Altaparmakov)
    o ISDN multilink fix (Karsten Keil)
    o HFC PCI support is now ITU approved (Werner Cornelius)
    o Update sonypi driver (Stelian Pop)
    o Fix sleep with irq disabled bug in act2000 (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Farsync driver cleanups (Bob Dunlop)
    o Remove surplus tty==NULL checks in isdn tty (Rob Radez,
    Kai Germaschewski)
    o Remove sleep with irq disabled in icn driver (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Remove sleep with irq disabled bug in isdnloop (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Remove bcopy and duplicate snprintf from eicon (me)
    driver
    o Remove bzero from eicon driver, use skb_purge (Armin Schindler)
    o Updated NinjaScsi driver (YOKOTA Hiroshi)
    o Fix a jffs2 memory leak (David Woodhouse)
    o Updated bttv driver. Corruption on close fixes (Gerd Knorr)
    o Audio driver for bt878 tv chip onboard audio (Gerd Knorr)
    o Correct nvram byte range limit (Aaron Rendahl)
    o Include linux/smp_lock in shmem (Clemens)
    o Add DMI/apm support for broken bioses reporting (Marc Boucher)
    battery life wrong endian
    o Fix dumb bug in the sbf code (me)
    o Fix pnp shutdown oops (me)

    2.4.7-ac1
    o Alpha fixes and updates (Jay Estabrook)
    - ioremap fixes for AGP on Alpha
    - pci_iommu support for AGP on Alpha
    - AGP arch support code for Alpha UP1x00
    - Fix instruction fault bug with old Jensen/UDB
    PALcode
    o Further alpha pci iommu cleanups/fixes (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Fix DAC960 for completion change (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix data corruption on ide tape while reading (Pete Zaitcev)
    near EOF
    o Switch up_and_exit to complete_and_exit (David Woodhouse)
    o Fix crash on scsi request alloc failure in sd (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Handle scsi register failure in ultrastor (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Clean up ioremap as u32 stuff in ibmtr (me)
    o Fix max_sector cleanup in paride (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Bring IDE floppy up to date with maintainer (Gunther Mayer)
    o Remove escaped junk from Makefiles (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix cs46xx checks on ioctl calls (Simon Horman)
    o Update cpqfc driver (Charles White)
    o NTFS fixes (Anton Altaparmakov, Rasmus Andersen)
    o Further FATfs updates (OGAWA Hirofumi)
    o S/390 network driver updates (Ulrich Weigand + )
    o Core S/390 changes to get it building again (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Fix S/390 tree asm blocks to compile with their ( and
    newest gcc set
    o Update S/390 documentation (other IBM folks)
    o Update S/390 tape driver ( " )
    o Update S/390 console driver ( " )
    o Don't do net hotplug during booting ( " )
    o Remove tools stuff from S/390 tree ( " )
    o Update S/390 irq/softirq handling ( " )
    o Add shared kerne support for S/390 VM ( " )
    o Update cpqarray driver (Charles White)
    o Add missing barrier() calls in serial drivers (me)
    o Fix menuconfig return code on small screen (Herbert Xu)
    o Small UML fixups (Jeff Dike)
    o Add COW support to UML block driver (Jeff Dike)
    o USB network driver updates/fixes (David Brownell)
    o PnP parsing bug fix (Andrey Panin)
    o Fix UFS checking of NULL error cases (Andreas Dilger)
    o Further shmem bits (Christoph Rohland)
    o Update the mmap changes to handle OSF emulation (Maciej Rozycki)
    o Fix failed register handling in g_NCR5380 (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Correct errors in devices.txt examples (Andreas Dilger)
    o Synclink driver update (Paul Fulghum)
    o Fix scc region requests for latches (Rob Turk)
    o Fix FB_ACTIVATE_NOW/VBL handling on aty128fb (Andreas Hundt)
    o Correct CRTC_OFFSET_CNTL on aty128fb (Andreas Hundt)
    o Add Devfs support to rio500 (Gregory Norris
    Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o 3c59x driver updates (Andrew Morton,
    Donald Becker)
    o Fix ircomm handling with some mobile phones (Andrea Arcangeli,
    Dag Brattli)
    o Clean up resource handling in ibmtr driver (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Handle out of memory for device alloc in gdth (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix mixer leak in sb driver (Mike Galbraith)
    o Make printk use vsnprintf (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix bug in atm_do_connect_dev (bogus EINVALs) (Germán González)
    o Add Sony DSC-575 to unusual devices usb list (Denis Benoit)
    o Add gemtek pci radio card driver (Vladimir Shebordaev)

    ---
    "What is needed now is not smart weapons, it is smart politicians"
    - Tony Benn

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.083 / U:1.828 seconds]