SubjectRe: Website with hardware tech. specs ?
Try to look at http://chip.ms.mff.cuni.cz/~pcguts. It's just the thing you
want, but it is suspended in animation at the moment, because I didn't find
nearly anyone who would be interested in it. I have done it as my school term's
work for low-lovel computer course.

Clock

> Today, there's no "one place" where you can get tech. specs, and a lot of
> companies hesitates to even put them online. Needless to say, this is a
> problem when you want to write drivers, and/or fix drivers.
>
> What I'm thinking of, is creating a website, where the hardware creators can
> supply details; upload tech. specs, write contact info, etc. And, developers
> can browse this database. I was thinking of a solution where the hardware
> creators could choose weither or not they wanted to make tech. specs.
> public, and if they didn't a developer needed to tell the manufacturer that
> he was interessted, and then the manufacturer could give needed access to
> specs, and if nescesseray send the needed hardware to write a driver.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.057 / U:0.272 seconds]