SubjectRe: 2.4.10pre7aa1
In article <E15gmqD-0002YK-00@the-village.bc.nu> you wrote:
>> BTW, I fixed a few more issues in the rcu patch (grep for
>> down_interruptible for instance), here an updated patch (will be
>> included in 2.4.10pre8aa1 [or later -aa]) with the name of rcu-2.

> I've been made aware of one other isue with the RCU patch
> US Patent #05442758

> In the absence of an actual real signed header paper patent use grant for GPL
> usage from the Sequent folks that seems to be rather hard to fix.

> Alan

Hi Alan,

IBM bought us a couple of years ago and linux RCU is an IBM approved
project. I am not sure I understand what exactly is needed for patent use
grant for GPL, but whatever it is, I see absolutely no problem getting it done.
I would appreciate if you let me know what is needed for GPL.

Thanks
Dipankar
--
Dipankar Sarma <dipankar@in.ibm.com> Project: http://lse.sourceforge.net
Linux Technology Center, IBM Software Lab, Bangalore, India.