Subject[BUG] Scheduling in interrup
Date
Hi,

Here is the bug :

Scheduling in interrupt
kernel BUG at sched.c:706!
< all the registers are dump >
Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
In interrupt handler - not syncing

General information :

Kernel version : 2.4.8 without SMP
GCC version : 2.96-81 (Red Hat 7.1)

I am developing in the kernel. I got two PC with one network card for each.
The bug appear when trying to stress my network driver by sending a lot
of packet to one node on the network. The PC that is sending packets
seems to work fine, but the one that receiving packets get the bug after
a while. My interrupt handler does not have bottom half and my interrupt
as the options : SA_INTERRUPT and SA_SHIRQ.

I got two possible answer. The first possible answer to this is my interrupt
routine stays too long at the interrupt level. The second answer is I lock
the
interrupt for a long time.

Do you have any suggestion to this problem ?

Thanks,

Jean-Francois Hammond

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:01    [W:0.048 / U:0.240 seconds]