    SubjectYAFB: Yet Another Filesystem Bench
    Hi,

    I am also doing such comparisons, with IOZone and Bonnie++
    The currents results are available at
    http://www.pingouin.org/linux/fsbench/

    More results are to come, especially to see the notail option impact of
    Reiserfs with iozone and bonnie++.

    Of course, comments are welcome...

    Regards,
    Yves

    Randy.Dunlap(rddunlap@osdlab.org)@Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 11:24:48AM -0700:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am doing some similar FS comparisons, but using IOzone
    > (www.iozone.org)
    > instead of Netbench.
    >
    > Some preliminary (mostly raw) data are available at:
    > http://www.osdlab.org/reports/journal_fs/
    > (updated today).
    [...]
    > Andrew Theurer wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > I recently starting doing some fs performance comparisons with Netbench
    > > and the journal filesystems available in 2.4: Reiserfs, JFS, XFS, and
    > > Ext3. I thought some of you may be interested in the results. Below
    > > is the README from the http://lse.sourceforge.net. There is a kernprof
    > > for each test, and I am working on the lockmeter stuff right now. Let
    > > me know if you have any comments.
    > >
    > > Andrew Theurer
    > > IBM LTC
    > -

    Yves ROUGY - Yves.Rougy@fr.alcove.com
    Coordinateur du Laboratoire - Lab Manager
    Ingénieur Logiciels Libres - Open Source Software Engineer

    Alcôve "L'informatique est libre" http://www.alcove.com