    SubjectRe: Novell Attacks Linux
    > Actually, it is very illegal to have multiple wives in Utah.  The US Gov
    > ernment made Utah outlaw it (I believe in the Utah constitution) in
    > order for Utah to gain state-hood. I do not know why Utah doesn't
    > prosecute more of the polygamists, but they have been prosecuting some.
    > Many on child abuse, incest, and other charges as well. I was once
    > told they don't prosecute more because it was hard to make the charge of
    > polygamy stick if it was the only charge. As for the Mormons, they
    > excommunicate (kick out) those who are caught practicing.

    And then they join the Polygamist Mormon Church down in Manti, an LDS
    spin-off. The State government only gets involved when the girls are
    under 16, and forced to marry these old men. Hey, Trevor, long time
    no see. Haven't seen you around for a while. How many wives do you
    have, BTW? I only have one. I can't imagime trying to deal with more
    than one at a time.

    :-)

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:01    [W:2.614 / U:0.612 seconds]