    SubjectRe: Reiserfs: how to mount without journal replay?

    > > > You cannot mount without replaying even in read-only mode, because
    > > > file-system meta-data are possibly inconsistent.
    > >
    > > Then suse's use of reiserfs is pretty b0rken. Putting reiserfsck on /
    > > partition is pretty useless -- if it crashes during mount you can't
    > > repair it.
    > Every filesystem has this problem, if the root directory gets hosed you have to
    > use the CDROM.
    > Booting from CDROM with SuSE is not such a problem.

    ext2 is willing to mount ro even with known inconsistencies. SuSE 7.1
    does not come with 'live filesystem' and install cd does not have
    reiserfsck on it. Too bad. You have to install somewhere to be able to
    run reiserfsck on suse7.1.
    I'm "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
    Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:01    [W:0.021 / U:0.852 seconds]