    SubjectRe: Journal Filesystem Comparison on Netbench
    On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 12:41:35PM +0200, Emmanuel Varagnat wrote:
    > Andi Kleen wrote:
    > >
    > > It does not really look like a locking problem. If you look at the profiling
    > > logs it is pretty clear that the problem is the algorithm used in
    > > bitmap.c:find_forward. find_forward and reiserfs_in_journal
    > > journaled blocks set also, to quickly skip them for the common case.
    > I'm very interested in the way you did profiling.
    > Did you compile the kernel with profiling options (gprof ?) ?
    > If so, where the profiling information file is saved ?

    I did not do any profiling in this case; I just read an existing log.
    If you want to do profiling yourself you could use the simple
    builtin statistical profiler: boot with profile=2 on the command line
    and read the log at anytime using the readprofile command.
    Other ways are documented on the lse homepage

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:58    [W:0.026 / U:9.504 seconds]