SubjectRe: does the request function block
Date
On Tuesday 28 August 2001 20:28, you wrote:
> No they don't. NBD moves the requests to an internal queue when the
> request function is run. The function does not block. The internal
> queue is later emptied by another means, in another context.

ok - does
result = sock_sendmsg(sock, &msg, size);
block? something in the back of my brains sais yes, but i might be
wrong since i'm new to linux kernel programing. if it does block
nbd blocks. it realeases the io_request_lock lock and calls
nbd_send_req which calls nbd_xmit and that results in a call to
sock_sendmst.

in the documention ob the brbd it sais: that the request function
is allways called in the context of a process doing I/O the kflushd
or the kupdate kernel thread.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:58    [W:0.050 / U:0.692 seconds]