SubjectRe: Poor Performance for ethernet bonding
Date
Hi Ben,

> Couldn't the bonding code be made to distribute pkts to one interface or
> another based on a hash of the sending IP port or something? Seems like that
> would fix the reordering problem for IP packets.... It wouldn't help for
> a single stream, but I'm guessing the real world problem involves many streams,
> which on average should hash such that the load is balanced...

You may take a look at this for enhancements to the bonding driver :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bonding/

The XOR method has been implemented to hash the flows based on the SRC/DST
MAC addresses.

Regards,
Willy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:58    [W:0.046 / U:0.368 seconds]