SubjectRe: What version of the kernel fixes these VM issues?
Hi Nicolas.  You should run vmstat and watch the paging activity.
We've seen our ARM boards get driven to a standstill by paging when
they run out of RAM. We have no swap either. To make things worse,
our flash loads are compressed, so we burn all our CPU in decompression
when paging back in. If you have no swap, the only thing that can be
booted out are executable pages.

Kernel folk: do /proc/sys/vm/{pagecache,buffermem} still do anything?
Could Nicolas still limit the pagecache using these?

cheers
-mark

Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org> [01/08/24 14:38]:

> On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
>
> > I have a totally different setup but I can reproduce the same behavior on
> > the system I have here:
> >
> > ARM board with 32 MB RAM, no flash, NFS root.
>
> Sorry I meant no swap.
>

> Nicolas
>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:58    [W:0.088 / U:0.284 seconds]