SubjectRe: Qlogic/FC firmware
>>>>> "Ricky" == Ricky Beam <jfbeam@bluetopia.net> writes:

Ricky> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Alan Cox wrote:
>> At the time a) I didnt realise the sparc setup was so anal, and b)
>> I didnt know about the firmware update.

Ricky> So basically, you had no fucking clue what kind of instability
Ricky> you were about to introduce into the current "stable" line of
Ricky> kernels, but did it anyway simply because of the wording (and
Ricky> your interpretation thereof) of the license on a firmware
Ricky> "data" file. Wording that has been unchanged since the day the
Ricky> file was entered into the tree. If there were objections,
Ricky> questions, or other concerns, they should have been raised then
Ricky> and not months or years later. And there should have been at
Ricky> least some discussion before removing the file and seeing who
Ricky> notices. (If I missed this discussion, then I apologize.)

Wording as interpreted by lawyers and anybody who is capable of
reading English.

As to your argument about raising the concerns when the thing went
in. We (as in the kernel developers) made a mistake, we noticed it we
fix it ... see it's really that simple.

Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.120 / U:0.688 seconds]