    SubjectRe: With Daniel Phillips Patch (was: aic7xxx with 2.4.9 on 7899P)
    Date
    On August 22, 2001 12:44 am, Sven Heinicke wrote:
    > Great, with 2.4.8-ac8 I get no memory problems. Can you tell me what
    > file(s) where modified to fix this to I can look for the fixes in
    > future vanilla kernels?
    >
    > Thanks! Now to work on the drive speed problem, it's faster with your
    > fix but still slower at writing then my IDE drive on another systems.

    It's a highmem scanning problem, these were supposed to be fixed in a series
    of changes back in 2.4.8-pre, but they're not completely gone yet. I've cc'd
    a few people who've shown interest in this ugly^H^H^H^H particular corner of
    the kernel, but now I'm shutting down for the night. Guys, can you please
    take a look at this one? It's time to put the highmem allocation problem
    definitively to rest. Most likely, this problem occurs in -ac as well, just
    with less frequency.

    --
    Daniel