SubjectRe: Qlogic/FC firmware
From
   From: Ricky Beam <jfbeam@bluetopia.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:45:02 -0400 (EDT)

Re: GPL It's a source file and it had a copyright at the top.
Regardless of what the contents mean, the copyright the author
put there has to be abided by.

(If Sun would get off their ass(es) and support firewire, I'd stop using linux
all together. And before some smartass says they do, point to the ohci and
sbp-2 drivers on the Solaris 8 Sparc CD.)

I normally chastise Sun just to get my jollies off, but this
is a too much of an untrue statement about them even for me
to tolerate.

Solaris-8 supports fully the ieee1394 interfaces on Ultra-III
machines just fine. I don't know what the package name is, but
the kernel drivers are there in the SME hw releases done for
the Ultra-III.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.111 / U:0.292 seconds]