SubjectRe: FYI PS/2 Mouse problems -- userland issue
    From: Ben LaHaise <bcrl@redhat.com>

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Stephen Satchell wrote:

> This MAY be a kernel issue depending on where I locate the mouse
> initialization code. If it is in the kernel, then there will need
> to be a patch to allow the mouse to be re-initialized into the mode
> everyone expects.

[Funny - we just discussed this last week.]

The kernel has nothing to do with reinitializing the mouse: X has to do
that.

[Indeed. Or gpm.]

I plan to submit a
patch that replaces much of the existing pc keyboard/mouse code with state
machine driven code that doesn't block interrupts out for long periods of
time, as well as fixing a few of the lockup issues the current driver has.

Have you written the patch already?
There are interesting difficulties here.

Andries

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.023 / U:2.680 seconds]