    From: eric@frodo.biederman.org [mailto:eric@frodo.biederman.org]On
    Behalf Of Eric W. Biederman
    Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 12:43 PM
    To: Kevin Krieser
    Cc: Linux Kernel List
    Subject: Re: Swap size for a machine with 2GB of memory

    As long as you don't have problems where you can't run your program
    multiple times in a row, 2.4 sounds like is is behaving correctly and
    sanely.

    > However, since my normal behavior is for swap to not be used, I will wait
    > little bit for some of the VM updates to be tested.

    Are you saying something is wrong?

    > I don't have 2X RAM because when I installed my system, I only had 256MB
    of
    > RAM.

    This is not a requirement but is a requirement to have swap > mem if
    you are swapping heavily and want good performance.

    Eric

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.027 / U:31.836 seconds]