SubjectRe: md/multipath: Multipath, Multiport support and prototype patch for round robin routing
On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:34:53PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> In article <20010723133242.B970@dyn9-47-16-69.des.beaverton.ibm.com> you wrote:

> The second comment actually goes to you, Brian: could you please try to
> create unified diffs (diff -u)? It's sooo much easier to read..

I'm just back from vacation and still getting back into the groove,
I'll try to do that and post it in a day or two.

> > +
> > + static struct multipath_dev_table multipath_dev_template = {
> > + "",
> > + {
> > + {MULTIPATH_ROUTING, "routing", NULL, sizeof(int), 0644,
> > + NULL, &proc_dointvec},
>
> Shouldn't this be a property of the md device, instead of a sysctl?
> I planned to write that information in the md superblock for my design.

I'm not sure what you mean here. This is not a really complete thing
here. Adding the information to the superblock sounds, like a good idea,
but I'm also looking at dynamically modifying the operating parameters.

> Christoph
>
> --
> Of course it doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.
> -

Brian Beattie
IBM Linux Technology Center - MPIO/SAN
bbeattie@sequent.com