Jeff Meininger wrote:

> I'm writing an app that needs to know what floppy drives are connected to
> the system. Right now, I'm parsing the output of 'dmesg', but 'dmesg' can
> fill up so that the part where floppy drives are listed is no longer
> available. Is there an ioctl or some other interface for discovering fd0,
> fd1, etc?

You have got some replies already. Another way of detection is
to run devfs, you may do a "ls /dev/floppy" and get
devfs report exactly the devices you have, not the devices
you _may_ have. Note that you don't have to convert
your system to use devfs if you don't want to - you can
mount devfs some other place than /dev if all you want
is detection.

Helge Hafting

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.038 / U:0.428 seconds]