SubjectRe: ext3 partition unmountable
On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 11:04:41PM +0100, Riley Williams wrote:
> The relevant mount option is to specify the ext3 rather than the ext2
> file system, and the flag you refer to gets set if ANYBODY sets the
> "COMPRESS THIS FILE" flag on ANY file on that file system. As far as I
> can tell, nothing ever resets that flag, even if the last file that
> was compressed gets uncompressed.

I doubt that ever happened - its pretty much a single-user system,
and I can't say that I quite know *how* to set that flag in the first
place :)

> You have an old version of tune2fs, and need to get the one that knows
> about ext3 or alternatively apply the patch that was distributed some
> time ago and recompile - I'm not sure which.
>
> Stephen: What's the current status regarding tune2fs and ext3, I'm a
> tad out of date in this respect?

I'm running e2fsprogs-1.22 (which is later than the one specified from
Documentation/Changes), so I kinda assumed everything was fine...

Dewet

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.052 / U:0.776 seconds]