SubjectRe: [patch] ips.c spin lock 64 bit issues
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, ServeRAID For Linux wrote:

> That's only the tip of the iceberg for the "variable casting" and other
> changes that are required to make the ips driver completely safe on IA64.
> I have made all the changes necessary and we are currently in test mode
> with the next release of ips ( Version 4.80.xx ), which will be completely
> 64-bit safe. I hope to make it available to all sometime in September,
> when we have completed our testing with it on both 32 and 64 bit Linux.

I don't think that "unsigned long" is the correct data type.

Isn't there a data type that means "the largest unsigned integer type
that fits into a register on the target..."? I was told that that's what
"size_t" means. If so, all the flags variables <everywhere> should be
changed to this type. If not, then somebody should define a "flags_t"
type. With the new 64-bit machines, this is going to bite over and
over again until something like this is done.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

was handled in the BIOS, I found that there aren't any.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.052 / U:1.304 seconds]