SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.8-ac5
On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Paul wrote:

> Does this include all the 2.4.8 vm mods except
> 'use once' ? Could you make a brief comment on anything
> signifigant that exists in Linus' tree but not yours?

Alan's kernel has some additions which are not in Linus'
tree, Linus has a few things not in Alan's tree.

I'm currently trying to merge some of the more obviously
right things from -linus to -ac.

In my opinion, use-once is something of which all the
consequences are not quite clear yet, so I don't think
I'll be porting that over.

I will be looking at changes to reduce the impact of
streaming IO further, but don't expect anything to be
merged before its impact is well understood and tested.

regards,

Rik
--
IA64: a worthy successor to i860.