SubjectRe: Are we going too fast?
PinkFreud wrote:
[...]

> > Matter of opinion. I would say that Linux-2.4 has been way long to come
> > and wasn't quite ready for stable status. There are numerous other O/Ses
>
> That's what I've been attempting to say, as well. It seems to have been
> released too quickly - minimal testing, too many bugs.

The testing isn't minimal - it is merely ongoing. Users don't
pay for the kernel, so they are part of the testing team.

If you use anything but a distribution kernel, keep previous
kernels around when you upgrade. If the new one fails, report
it here and go back to the previous one. The only way to get wide
testing is when enough people do this.

Helge Hafting

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.045 / U:0.416 seconds]