SubjectRe: cs4232 sound chip problem
I have noticed this pop for quite some time at sound initialization when starting KDE on my IBM Thinkpad A20M. Also, there was a problem with XMMS killing sound if it was closed, but the sound would come back if I left it alone for a while. Anyway, my laptop has a cs4622 in it, and I suspect you are using the other Crystal Sound driver (not cs46xx). Someone mentioned something earlier on the list that started me to thinking it might be a problem with the ac97_codec. I believe they also mentioned some changes to the ac97_codec in the most recent release kernel. You might give that a try. Or perhaps I'll just let you know if the pop goes away...

--
Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su