SubjectRe: 2.4.6.-ac2: Problems with eepro100

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Kai Germaschewski wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Patrick Mochel wrote:
>
> > Can you do an 'lspci -vv' on the device? The current device state should
> > be listed 2 lines after the Power Management Capabilities revision.
>
> I already talked to Martin off list about this problem (since it's my
> patch which is causing trouble).
>
> To summarize the results: His eepro100 does only survive one
> D0-D2-D0 transition, after another D2 transition it's possible to place it
> back in D0, but it won't work.
>
> It comes up in D0, eepro100 module load will place it in D2, first
> ifconfig up will switch to D0, works. Another ifconfig down / up cycle
> will kill the network (same happens with the unpatched version).
>
> If someone feels able to find out what's really happening, that'd be great
> of course. To the question of what to do about this, the only thing I can
> think of is adding a parameter/config option for eepro100 to supply the
> power state when inactive (default would be D2, for Martin D0 will work).
>
> Better ideas anyone?

Do a register dump of working and dead-after-PM-transition, including
PCI config registers, and look for differences. Also look for
differences in your host and PCI-PCI bridge PCI config registers.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:56    [W:0.060 / U:0.304 seconds]