On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 11:01:51PM -0400, jlnance@intrex.net wrote:
> Next I patched the hoard allocator so that instead of calling mmap(0, ...)
> it would call it as something like mmap(0x10000000, ...) which causes it
> to start allocating memory that would normally be reserved for sbrk().
> I think I could get close to 2.5G from the hoard malloc after this patch.
> This change got incorporated into the latest hoard, but I had problems
> building the latest hoard, so you may want to wait for a future release.
>
> Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that there are some glibc issues that
> are more restrictive than the kernel issues.

dietlibc is pretty funky:

http://www.fefe.de/dietlibc/

I'm not sure if it's memory usage patterns are all that different from
glibc (as I haven't checked). If so, it may still be easier to
hack than something as uh.. established.. as glibc.

--
Michael Bacarella <mbac@nyct.net>
Technical Staff / System Development,