    SubjectRe: Memory region check in drivers/pcmcia/rsrc_mgr.c
    Paul Mackerras wrote:
    > +static struct resource *resource_parent(unsigned long b, unsigned long n,
    > + int flags, socket_info_t *s)
    > +static inline int check_io_resource(unsigned long b, unsigned long n,
    > + socket_info_t *s)
    > +static inline int check_mem_resource(unsigned long b, unsigned long n,
    > + socket_info_t *s)
    > +static struct resource *make_resource(unsigned long b, unsigned long n,
    > + int flags, char *name)
    > +static int request_io_resource(unsigned long b, unsigned long n,
    > + char *name, socket_info_t *s)
    > +static int request_mem_resource(unsigned long b, unsigned long n,
    > + char *name, socket_info_t *s)

    patch looks ok. I wonder if this stuff is useful to other users?

    resource_parent appears to be the only actual user of socket_info_t
    data. Since resource_parent only uses one datum out of all of
    socket_info_t, you could reasonably eliminate this code's dependency on
    socket_info_t.

    --
    Jeff Garzik | A recent study has shown that too much soup
    Building 1024 | can cause malaise in laboratory mice.