    SubjectRe: [Acpi] Re: ACPI fundamental locking problems

    On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Jamie Lokier wrote:

    > Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > > > Reading a tarball is the distillation of what you describe into
    > > > efficient form :)
    > >
    > > /me downloads tar file definition
    > >
    > > Um, gnu tar or posix tar? or some new, improved tar?
    > I suggest cpio, which is more compact and in some ways more standard.
    > (tar has a silly pad-to-multiple-of-512-byte per file rule, which is
    > inappropriate for this). GNU cpio creates cpio format just fine.

    GNU cpio is a race-ridden unmaintained pile of junk. Look at the size
    of, say it, Debian patch to upstream source. Then try to read the
    patched code. Quite a few of us simply don't have that FPOS on their

    Using cpio archive layout is OK, but _please_, don't make it dependent
    on GNU cpio.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:56    [W:0.019 / U:30.488 seconds]