SubjectRe: [Acpi] Re: ACPI fundamental locking problems
Date
On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 00:14:24 +0200,
Jamie Lokier <lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>On this theme, it's just occured to me that the module loader could be
>taught to map ramfs pages directly to module code/data space. That
>would save a little memory.

I doubt it. insmod relocates the code and data sections, discards
sections, inserts a struct module, hooks the module into the existing
change and generally mangles the object before it can be used by the
kernel. Any change to a page prevents it being mapped against cramfs.
If you had a complete page that was identical before and after insmod
had done its work I would be astonished.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:56    [W:0.031 / U:0.376 seconds]