SubjectRe: tcp stack tuning and Checkpoint FW1 & Legato Networker
> I want to set the tcp_keepalive timer to 60 seconds and understand
> possible implications for Linux.

The RFC's strictly forbid it being below two hours

> If I set the tcp_keepalive timer to 60 seconds then keepalives will keep
> the connection established for the duration of the backup which could be
> 50 minutes for a large partition. I can set this under solaris with ndd
> tcp_keepalive_interval 60000 (ms)

And the moment you leave a few boxes tuned like that on the internet you'll
find yourself very unpopular.

Get the checkpoint box reconfigured properly

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:56    [W:0.040 / U:0.696 seconds]