SubjectRe: [OT] Re: LILO calling modprobe?
> > > Is there a reason that it does this?
> >
> > I believe there is. It wants to find what drive is bios drive 80h.
>
> Yes.
>
> > I had a machine at work with both ide and scsi. ide hdd was hdc and ide
> > cdrom was hda just to keep lilo from thinking hdc is the first bios drive
> > which infact sda was
>
> But why don't you use the bios keyword? From lilo.conf(5):

I was only explaining. I foundout about the bios keyword after searching.
But I didn't have time then to do the searching and didn't care. it worked
for me.

I don't boot scsi drives on any of my systems that also have ide. I prefer
the systems to be either, but not both (test boxes excluded =)