    Subject[OT] Suitable Athlon Motherboard for Linux
    Having heard the various horror stories about the VIA PCI data corruption
    bugs, and watching one Via based machine destroy itself with a Mandrake 8.0
    2.4.3, I was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion for an Athlon
    motherboard that works reliably under Linux (I don't think all the issues
    have been cleared up in the kernel yet?). There must be quite a few Linux
    Athlon users out there - what boards are you using and with what success?

    I can't see much alternative to Via chipsets in the Ahtlon market, other
    than all-in-one-graphics-sound-network jobbies that, from previous
    experience (namely the i810), are also best avoided.

    Joe.