SubjectRe: kernel still resides in the root
Blesson Paul wrote:
> I just completed the full compilation. But there is one still
> missing factor. I uncommented the INSTALL_PATH=/boot. But still the vmlinux
> still resides in the directory where i compiled the kernel. Why is it so. What
> to do if the kernel should be present in the boot directory.

You did run make install? Do you have a custom install script in
/sbin/installkernel?

The vmlinux you see is the uncompressed kernel. If you compiled with
make bzImage, zImage, etc the resulting compressed kernel is at
arch/<your arch>/boot/. You then either run make install or
cp ./System.map arch/<your arch>/boot/<kernel> /boot

Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/
mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead
Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/
batmanppc@themes.org