Subjectcleaning up a socket in FIN_WAIT_1
A socket got stuck in the FIN_WAIT_1 state coz the client that was
generating these TCP segments got terminated prematurely. The kernel does
clean it up after 2MSL seconds. However, I would like to know if there is
a way to explicitly clean it up from the command line (as root).
SO_REUSEADDR option only helps for sockets in TIME_WAIT. Also, Does the
kernel have such mechanisms to clean up any kernel data structure?

I would appreciate it if whoever answers this query also Cc me coz I'm not
subscribed to the kernel mailing list.

Thanks,
Shashi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.031 / U:0.136 seconds]