    SubjectRe: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!

    On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Justin Guyett wrote:

    > Problem: I don't like company policy
    > Solution: Deal or get another job
    Not so easy in every country.
    For example in Italy the law called stauto dei lavoratori forbits workers
    to change so easily.

    > Peon: Help! I installed linux at work and got fired!
    > Oracle: You made a bad choice.

    Not so easy for a company, at less in Italy. In fact the statuto dei
    lavoratori forbits a company to fire everyone for this kind of reasons.
    Also companies are forbitten to use any audio-visive way to monitor
    workers activities.

    The point is that your discussion does apply just to USA, at less for the
    terms you are using.

    Problems out of USA are different.

    I can install linux as i want, where i want, on sparc, on alpha, on ppc,
    to do all I want,
    but then M$ pre-sales have a good time to clean managers head, and to make
    managers belive M$ is the just one way to go. And managers and politician
    have power in companies, never technicians.

    If I would be regularly employed, (i do prefer my freedom), i could never
    be fired, of course, but anyway none would listen to me proposing linux,
    just because i am a technician.

    Luigi

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.022 / U:0.332 seconds]