SubjectRe: [RFC] I/O Access Abstractions
Alan Cox wrote:

> > > Last time I checked, ioremap didn't work for inb() and outb().
> >
> > It should :)
> it doesnt need to.
> pci_find_device returns the io address and can return a cookie, ditto
> isapnp etc

Is the idea here to mitigate the amount of driver code changes, or
something else?

If you are sticking a cookie in there behind the scenes, why go ahead
and use ioremap?

We -already- have a system which does remapping and returns cookies and
such for PCI mem regions. Why not use it for I/O regions too?

Jeff Garzik | "I respect faith, but doubt is
Building 1024 | what gives you an education."
MandrakeSoft | -- Wilson Mizner