    On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

    > You HAVE to boot from other media. Some of these suckers have
    > Linux kernel modules (we'll keep it a little on topic here) like Adore
    > and KIS that hide processes, connections, services, and files. You can
    > not trust your kernel if you may have been compromised.

    All I can say this fscking sucks! OK, I'll have to go over the system with
    a fine toothed comb and see what's been done to it. Fortunately I'm on a
    very slow dialup, so it may not be too troublesome.

    > No joke... And I do believe they done got you.

    Fscking script kiddies. Oh well, will let you know what I find.

    I'm just wondering how they managed to get in given that I never download
    binaries and always compile from sources myself. Probably through a
    compromised TCP/IP service, I bet.

    Hey, they *are* out to get you, but it's nothing personal.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.021 / U:4.188 seconds]