On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> You HAVE to boot from other media. Some of these suckers have
> Linux kernel modules (we'll keep it a little on topic here) like Adore
> and KIS that hide processes, connections, services, and files. You can
> not trust your kernel if you may have been compromised.

All I can say this fscking sucks! OK, I'll have to go over the system with
a fine toothed comb and see what's been done to it. Fortunately I'm on a
very slow dialup, so it may not be too troublesome.

> No joke... And I do believe they done got you.

Fscking script kiddies. Oh well, will let you know what I find.

I'm just wondering how they managed to get in given that I never download
binaries and always compile from sources myself. Probably through a
compromised TCP/IP service, I bet.

--
Hey, they *are* out to get you, but it's nothing personal.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk