SubjectRe: CPU affinity & IPI latency

Well, actually the sole purpose of <has_cpu> is
to lock a task out of a scheduling decision. Remember
during transient states, there are two tasks that have
the <has_cpu> flag set for a particular cpu.
So I think using <has_cpu> is kosher and preferred in
this situation, IMHO.

As you saw from David Levines reply, he thinks that
a list is more appropriate for more generic decision
support.
But I don't like the fact that you lock down several
tasks at that point. In my solution, you return the
task back to general schedulability.

Hubertus Franke
Enterprise Linux Group (Mgr), Linux Technology Center (Member Scalability)

email: frankeh@us.ibm.com

Mike Kravetz <mkravetz@sequent.com> on 07/16/2001 12:14:46 PM