SubjectRe: Again: Linux 2.4.x and AMD Athlon
> This bums me out.  AS i am using ABIT kt7a-raid with the kt133a chipset, and
> 3dnow kernel optimizations and i oops right as i boot (sometimes before i
> complete any init-scripts).

Yep. Its not an ideal situation. People are btw also reporting similar
photoshop oopses in windows. I suspect related problems

> Anyways... I am confirming a problem with my via chipset and 3dnow
> optimizations. VIA82CXXX in kernel support not affecting outcome.

Nope - you want the via82cxxx ide support, that is a big performance win as
you get UDMA IDE. The prefetch/movntq optimisations are less of an impact,
so an Athlon with a non athlon optimised kernel is still a killer devel box

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.040 / U:0.220 seconds]