SubjectRe: Adaptec SCSI driver lockups
>(2) I tried to disable tagged command queuing or set "tag_info" to
> more moderate values since I noticed that the queue length was set
> to an incredible length of 253. However, the new driver from Adaptec
> just ignores the old kernel parameters.

Hmm. The tag_info stuff seems to work for me. The new driver certainly
is not supposed to ignore these parameters.

BTW, the tag depth is merely an upper bound. The driver will dynamically
determine the abilities of each device and throttle accordingly. Your
DVD drive probably doesn't even support tagged queing, so your custom
kernel with a lower tag count will only affect the HD.

--
Justin