    SubjectRe: disk full or not? Disk space dissapear :-(
    On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Shawn Veader wrote:

    > Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:30:11 -0400
    > From: Shawn Veader <>
    > Subject: disk full or not? you decide...
    > we are using reiserfs on a system running 2.4.3 (i think i put all
    > of the relavant patches into the kernel before i built it then...)
    > we have a partition that is used when encoding ripped songs and
    > storing large files such as video and music. we noticed recently
    > that the partition reported itself as being full. after a reboot
    > the system reported having 6G freed. now again after a day of use
    > the space has dissappered. df now returns:
    > ----

    I have had det samme problem with 2.4.1, 2.4.3, 2.4.4 but I do not use
    reiserfs, just normal ext2.

    It does not happen all the time but sometimes when I delete a file bigger
    than 2GB, the space used by the file is not freed, This space dissapears
    from the system and the only way to get it back is to reboot the machine.

    No errors, no problems with the rest of the system, the space just

    We use to work with files up to 7-9GB and the only thing I can notice when
    this happens is that the time it takes to erase the file is very, very
    short (under a second) when the space dissapear and it takes a few seconds
    to erase a file of this size when everything works OK.

    Any ideas?

    Rafael Martinez.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.020 / U:7.492 seconds]