Subjectbridge and multicast
Hello,
I tried to install a linux bridge on my network on which some multicast
traffic is present. It seems that the bridge stops the multicast
traffic.
I looked at the bridge source code and i saw that there is no
special code to handle ethernet multicast mac adresses. The only code i
found is that
the bridge duplicates the packet for the local interface if the brgXX
interface has the flag
IFF_MULTI set.
I think that the problem is that the bridge has already seen a special
mac adress on its interface ethY
so it doesn't duplicate the packet on its other interfaces (ethZ).

What can i do ? Does someone experienced the same problem ?
Thanks for help

Please CC me personaly because i didn't subsribed to the lkml.

Jerome