SubjectRe: Oops triggered by ftp connection attempt through Linux firewall
On 12 Jul, Ned Bass wrote:

> I wish to be personally CC'ed the answers/comments posted to the list

> [1.] One line summary of the problem:
> Ftp connection attempt through Linux firewall triggers kernel Oops.

Thanks for this fullyfledged bugreport. I've been seeing this for quite
some time on my personal firewall machine which masquerades a pppoe
connection for a home network however I've not been able to produce
an oops and therefore I've had no clue what exactly the problem might
be. I've seen this problem with every 2.4.x kernel so far with
completely different machines and different NICs doing the same job,
my favourite way to reproduce this is having my friend use gnutella
though which is a really trivial method to produce this lockup.

Servus,
Daniel

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans