SubjectScsi Driver & Hanging on Writing inode tables for large partitions

I'm very new at this, so here goes:

I'm trying to write a scsi driver, and everything (device detection,
reading/writing to partition tables) works fine, until I try to mkfs any
partition larger than 200 megs. When it's over 200 megs, it would hang on
writing to the inode tables for ~20 seconds, then spit out many i/o errors.
Is there a reason why mkfs would work for partitions <200 megs and not for
partitions larger than that?

Kernel: 2.4.2-2
mke2fs: 1.19
CPU: Pentium Pro 200mhz
Memory: 48mb physical, 256mb swap

I would really appreciate any help, and please cc: any responses to this to
this email address because I'm not on the mailing list.

Thanks, Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.029 / U:3.812 seconds]