SubjectRe: Adaptec SCSI driver lockups
Hello Justin and Alan,

There was some garbage printed to the /var/log/messages before the
lockup but it is unreadable.

I'll have to read up on how to connect a serial console to this
machine. It's our main server (YPserver, mail, http, etc) so I don't
want to use it as a test system. If I use the append="aic7xxx=verbose"
in my lilo.conf will it log extra messages in /var/log/messages? If so,
will it be useful enough to figure out what the problem is?

Alan,

Wasn't the old_aic7xxx the default driver up to 2.4.5? If so I don't
know how using the old driver would help since I had the same problems
with 2.4.[2,3,4]. Unless there was some other stuff that has been fixed
that would cause similar problems.

Cheers.

--
Luc Lalonde, Responsable du reseau GIREF

Telephone: (418) 656-2131 poste 6623
Courriel: llalonde@giref.ulaval.cabegin:vcard
n:Lalonde;Luc
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Universite Laval;GIREF
version:2.1
email;internet:llalonde@giref.ulaval.ca
title:Administateur de reseau
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Luc Lalonde
end:vcard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.071 / U:0.100 seconds]