SubjectRe: Switching Kernels without Rebooting?
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Kip Macy wrote:

> In the future when Linux is more heavily used at the enterprise level
> there will likely be upgrade/revert modules to allow such a transition
> to take place.

Only if somebody takes the trouble to write them, which
isn't something I see happening in the near future.

Not only would this feature be a LOT of work, it would
(probably) also be very invasive all over the kernel.
OTOH, if the kernel was compiled with -g maybe it'd have
enough info to locate its data structures ?

regards,

Rik

Send all your spam to aardvark@nl.linux.org (spam digging piggy)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:57    [W:0.094 / U:3.060 seconds]