SubjectRe: Switching Kernels without Rebooting?
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Helge Hafting wrote:
>
> > That seems completely out of question. The structures a 2.4.7
> > kernel understands might be insufficient to express the setup
> > a future 2.6.9 kernel is using to do its stuff better.
>
> however, it might be handy if say you needed to upgrade a stable
> kernel due to a bug fix or security update.

One thing which always surprises me in this discussion
(it comes up about once a year, it seems) is that
nobody participating in this discussion ever starts
writing any code for it.

Is this a feature which is only wanted by people who
don't want to code, or is this just a signal that the
amount of trouble involved just isn't worth it?

Rik

Send all your spam to aardvark@nl.linux.org (spam digging piggy)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:56    [W:0.075 / U:3.500 seconds]