SubjectRe: PROBLEM: <BUG Report: kernel BUG at slab.c:1062! from pppd with speedtouch drivers and pppoatm>

>> > I'm trying to get Linux to work with an Alcatel Speedtouch ADSL
>> > USB
RP> modem.
>> > By executing the following script after boot up I get the BUG
>> > message
RP> after
>> > running pppd.
>>
>> Have you tried asking the author of the speedtouch driver about
>> this?

RP> I've sent him a copy of the bug report I submitted here. I'm
RP> still unsure of where the problem lies. My machine is being
RP> unpredictable even when the driver hasn't been loaded.

The BUG() invocation is a result of invalid flags being passed to
kmem_cache_grow().

The numeric values associated with things like GFP_ATOMIC changed in
2.4.6. Your problem is likely related to the use of modules built on
something other than the kernel you're running.

(I know this because I spent entirely too long debugging somebody's
code yesterday that thought it was a good idea to have his own copies
of the definitions of GFP_ATOMIC, et al.)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:56    [W:0.025 / U:49.568 seconds]