SubjectRe: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!
Paul Mundt wrote:

>On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 01:35:24PM -0400, Adam Schrotenboer wrote:
>>So as a user you are free to not use M$ products.
>>What if you are IT. Then you do not have a choice.
>You always have a choice, work elsewhere. If you're in a position where you're
>working with MS products, you were the one who made the decision to do so.
>MS is not at fault, claiming so is childish.
>>When Win95 came out, I finally got to hate M$. Then I discovered Linux
>>and now I have a great dislike for M$ and their products.
>This makes absolutely no sense. You didn't have a problem with MS originally,
>but as soon as Win95 came out you instantly hated them? A few issues with an
>OS are hardly valid grounds for "hating" a company.
A few issues, yeah right. I have had many problems. Much of my hatred
has to do with their bundling.

>Also, I don't see how once you discovered Linux your hatred for MS grew. This
>also makes very little sense. If you were sitting there using MS products of
>your own accord, discovered a new system, and then migrated to the other
>system, that's hardly a reason to demand the head of Gates because you somehow
>feel you are being "forced" (of your own accord) to use their products.
It didn't grow b/c of that. Never assume.

>Get real, look at all the moronic things that various linux distributions do.
>Is this a reason to hate linux and demand the head of Linus as compensation
>for your troubles?
>This kind of attitude, and you wonder why MS attacks linux.
Why would that make MS afraid of Linux. It should simply make them
ignore them (b/c presumably this would make Linux harmless)

>>I appreciate that as a user you may have a choice. As a tech or MIS/IT,
>>I don't have a choice. As such I believe that I have been "damaged" by M$.
>Oh please, next you'll be blaming world hunger on MS because third world
>countries can't afford licenses of win2k.
There's always theft too, but that's beside the point. Actually, maybe
M$ causes world hunger because its tools for management are crap, or
maybe BillGates is a Habbalite. (xref In Nomine).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.227 / U:2.012 seconds]