    SubjectRe: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!
    Date
    On Sunday 01 July 2001 13:48, you wrote:
    > Kurt Maxwell Weber wrote:
    > > I'm going to take a break from lurking to point out that I am not
    > > dissatisfied with Windows. It has its uses, as do Linux (and NetBSD, and
    > > Solaris, and the other operating systems I have installed at home).
    > > Frankly, I don't have a problem with Microsoft. If I don't like their
    > > product, I'm free to choose not to use it.
    >
    > You do understand, don't you, that microsoft is
    > working frantically to take that choice away from
    > you? it's easy to sit back and say it doesn't affect
    > you, til one day you realize that you can't connect
    > to your ISP unless you are running windows xp.
    >
    > Then it hits you, and it's too late.

    In that case, I have the following options:
    1) Start my own ISP
    2) Use Windows XP
    3) Not use Windows XP and not be able to use my current ISP
    4) Go to a different ISP

    I'll just have to decide which I value more. As long as I won't be killed
    for using a different OS, I still have a choice.
    --
    Regards,
    Kurt Weber