    SubjectRe: NWFS Submitted to Alan Cox
    On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

    > On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 01:50:00PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > I'm not a file sustem hacker, nor since I work for one vendor the
    > > appropriate owner for larg chunks of code in some people's eyes. I
    > > suspect the FSF is a much much better asignee for the code itself
    > I assume the legal threats that Jeff has experience will follow the
    > code? Surely before anyone wishes to adopt such a thing they should
    > get legal advice about the situation?
    > It would be shame to let potentially useful code be left to die for
    > fear of bully-tactics if their claims are unfounded.

    presuming they are unfounded, given the history of attacks by Novell,
    perhaps the best move would be to turn it over to a company like compaq or
    ibm given a written contract that they will keep it open source. Novell
    can't be that stupid.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.028 / U:36.420 seconds]